UCCK doctors save the life of a one-year-old boy who had swallowed part of a toy

The doctors of the University Clinical Center of Kosovo (UCCK) have saved the life of a 1-year-old child.

While playing with a toy, he had inhaled a part of the toy and had great difficulty breathing.

The child was urgently sent to the operating room, where after the intervention with a bronchoscope, the child’s part of the toy was removed and the airways were freed.

Doctors have appealed to parents to show extra care for children and not leave small things that could be swallowed and endanger their health.