ABNA-SE is a non-profit professional association of the news agencies of South East European countries. The seat of the association is the city where the Association’s Secretariat is based.
The ABNA-SE was established in 1995 with an aim of developing cooperation among its members news agencies, as well as helping to establish a climate of peace, friendship, security and cooperation in the Balkans and South East region.
The basic objectives of ABNA-SE are the following:
- To safeguard and promote the common interests of its members in all areas essential to their work and activities.
- To strengthen dialogue and cooperation among its members.
- To encourage exchange of information, experiences and know-how among its members.
- To facilitate the exchange of news, photos and audio-visual material among its members.
- To carry out research in the information sector and to organize meetings/seminars/workshops on various topics among its members, with an aim to develop skills and production.
- To organize special tours, research trips, and other assignments for journalists and other agency staff among its members.
- To support the creative development of journalists, specialists and students by providing