‘I want that club of horror, of pain and of desperation TO BECOME A MEMORIAL”.
That is how Oana, the sister of Catalin Alexandru Simion, who perished in the Colectiv Club fire, begins her letter.
The Romanian National News Agency AGERPRES joins and supports demarches for this memorial to become reality, opening a special section on the www.agerpres.ro public website where the opinions of all those who have something to say in the matter will be collected.
Thus, for three months, between November 30, 2015 — February 29, 2015, we will launch a set of questions to our public and to those who are directly involved or who wish to change something following the Colectiv Club, with the intention of making public the voices that can transform this project into a reality.
#ColectivMemorial is the hashtag that will gather all the journalistic materials, answers and debates to come and which will collect all the proposals to construct a symbol in the memory of those who disappeared.
We invite, at the same time, all media institutions, bloggers and trendsetters to join the project to construct a Colectiv Memorial, together with architects, psychologists, sociologists, historians, representatives of the authorities and the loved ones of the victims.
The questions AGERPRES will pose are as follows:
1. How do you see the building of a Colectiv Memorial as a symbol against forgetting?
2. How do you imagine this Colectiv Memorial? Should it be built at the site of the tragedy or somewhere else?
3. Given the situation of the space where the Colectiv Club was situated, who and in what degree should take care of designing and constructing a Colectiv Memorial, including in this the finding of necessary financing: the Romanian state or the non-governmental organizations?
4. What motto do you believe should define this Memorial?
5. What do you believe should be the most important lesson remembered after visiting the Colectiv Memorial? More…